Position Overview: Independently, ensures that the correct technical solutions are being utilized by the Quality Automation Engineers and provides technical solutions, tool and business mentoring in the use of the testing tools and techniques. Assists with the management of the Quality Assurance and Automation testing process. Works closely with software developers and automation engineers to resolve issues. Develops and maintains automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing. Participates in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents
1. Establishes and implements automated testing processes for application, performance, load, user-interface, object, regression and data quality.
2. Participates in the creation of and/or review requirements and detail design documentation in any form to understand system features and begin necessary test scripting and automation
3. Works with various teams to create, enhance and maintain the Automation Frameworks across the products.
4. Interacts with Business Analysts; Users, designers and developers to further understand the system and/or resolve systems defects.
5. Develops test plans, test cases and test scripts utilizing appropriate toolset to cover system functionality as completely as possible
6. Ensures personal and QA Engineers’ test scripts adhere to approved scripting standards and guidelines
7. Performs automated and manual testing efforts for our products
8. Develops various reports to support testing and QA processes
9. Analyzes and reports on defects utilizing appropriate defect tracking software
10. Manages test data by setup and maintaining data driven tests.
11. Helps define, improve and implement QA best practices
12. Assists the Executive Director in researching and recommending appropriate testing tools for use with the BA, QA team and developers.
13. Mentors and teaches as appropriate, other BA and QA Analysts in the use of approved tools and procedures
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree, or equivalent experience
Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree
Quality Assurance Certification
1. 4+ years of quality assurance and testing of medium (6-8 months) to large (12+ months) size IT web-based software projects
2. 3+ years of automation testing tools experience
3. 1 year knowledge and understanding of Total Quality Management, Software Quality Analyst or Test Engineer best-practices, or working towards certification in these areas.
4. Advanced experience with automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Python, SOAPUI Pro, GEB/Fitnesse, Protractor, LoadRunner)
5. Knowledge of Java programming
7. Complex analytical and problem solving skills
8. Ability to work independently and coordinate activities within a team
1. 2+ years of Total Quality Management experience
2. Experience with Jenkins, GIT and IDEs